We are committed to providing a rich and engaging creative curriculum and excellent teaching which challenges and inspires all of our children. We believe the role of every adult in school is to contribute to raising achievement, enabling all children to achieve the highest standards and make excellent progress. We seek to equip our children with the knowledge, skills and personal attributes to take advantage of opportunities and rise to the challenges which their future may present.
As a school, we have a shared focus on three constants:
- Aiming high and challenging ourselves
- Being kind, caring and respectful
- Collaborating, innovating and being creative
Through these three goals we seek to promote the values of perseverance, honesty, tolerance, teamwork, equality and courage, all within the wider context of promoting “British Values”*.
*Since November 2014, all schools have been required by law to promote the “British Values” of: democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.
Our vision 2017-2021 – Extended to 2023 due to COVID disruption
Our ambition for the school over this period is:
- For all children to make great progress across the full range of subject areas.
- For all pupils to develop the necessary skills, knowledge and attitudes to allow them take advantages of their future opportunities.
- To improve the learning environment by upgrading facilities and resources
- To establish new systems for recruiting, developing and retaining a high performing team.
- To continue to develop a creative curriculum and provide increased opportunities for high quality project based learning.
- To develop partnerships which benefit the school and others