Children may bring a packed lunch and drink to eat in our dining hall. We ask parents to pack this in a plastic box, clearly marked with the child’s name. As with most schools, we do have some children at Morley with nut allergies. An allergic reaction for these children can prove to be very dangerous. In support of them, therefore, we ask that packed lunches or snacks do not contain nuts or peanuts (including peanut butter).
School dinners are provided by our catering company, Pabulum. Meals are prepared and cooked on the premises and children are able to choose from a varied menu, including items for special diets such as vegetarian. We operate a three week menu system, with a different weekly menu being offered over the 3 week period. This is our menu summer term 2022 which will run until the end of December 2022.
All children are eligible for a free school lunch until the end of KS1. From Year 3 onwards you will need to pay for any school lunch which is provided unless you have applied for and been awarded free school meals. (see below)
How to pay
School meals must be paid for in advance on a weekly, half-termly or termly basis.
ParentPay is our preferred method of making payments to school.
If you have any queries about payment for meals please see the office staff.
The cost for a single meal is £2.45
Families in receipt of benefits may be entitled to free school meals. Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension CreditChild Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you wish to apply, or check your eligibility, you can do this online just click on the link below
Apply for free school meals free-school-meals-application-form-2021-22
If you would like your child to have a daily drink of milk at school, please register and pay with our school milk provider, Cool Milk.
Children in Early Years and KS1 have access to a piece of fruit or vegetable snack in the morning as part of the government school fruit and vegetable scheme. Children in KS2 wishing to have a similar snack at morning break are welcome to bring in a piece of fruit or vegetable snack from home.