Ahead of applying for a school place, please read the the Cambridgeshire County Council guidance for parents.
The school usually admits children to our reception classes at the beginning of the school year in which they are five. The admissions procedure is administered centrally by the Admissions team at the County Council. Parents and carers should visit the Cambridgeshire County Council webpage for details on school admissions prodedures.
Where we have more applications than places then places are allocated according to the following criteria:
Oversubscription Criteria for Community and Voluntary Controlled schools
Children who have a Statement of Special Educational Need (SEN) / Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) that names the school will be admitted. NB. Those children with a statement of SEN / EHCP that does not name the school will be referred to the Statutory Assessment Team (SAT) to determine an appropriate place.
1. Children in Care (CIC) and Children who were previously in care (CIC) but ceased to be so by reason of adoption, a residence order (now known as a child arrangement order) or special guardianship order
2. Children who appear to have been in state care outside of England and ceases to be in state care as a result of being adopted.
3. Children living in the catchment area with a sibling at the school (or partner infant/junior school) at the time of admission;
4. Children living in the catchment area;
5. Children living outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the school (or partner infant/junior school) at the time of admission;
6. Children of members of staff, providing that they have been employed for a minimum of two years and/or are recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage.
7. Children who live outside the catchment area, but nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
In cases of equal merit in each set of criteria, priority will go to children living nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
For reception admissions for September 2024 the local authority will be accepting applications from 11th September 2023 until 15th January 2024 and offers of places will be sent out on 16th April 2024.
A second round of allocations will also be made on 17th May 2024. Any late applications made after 30th April 2024 are processed in date order until 31st August 2024. Further information about late applications can be found here
There are usually some places available for children who live outside the catchment area, but the number varies from year to year.
If you are interested in a school place for Reception for Sept 2024 we will be holding our Early Years Open Evening on Monday 6th November 2023 4-5.30pm.
If you are interested in a school place for another year group you are welcome to join one of our school tours which run regularly. Places can be booked by contacting the school office.
Should you be unable to secure a place at the school you can appeal by contacting the Admissions Team at 0345 045 1370 or by emailing them on email@example.com. Details on the appeals process can be found here
Families moving to Cambridge on a temporary basis from outside the U.K. must also contact the Admissions Office to determine whether their children can be offered a place at Morley. A enquiry form is available here
For more information on admission procedures and a streetwise index on school catchment areas please refer to Cambridgeshire County Council’s school applications webpages.
Upon accepting a place at Morley you will be invited to complete the school admission form. For details on how we process you child’s data please see our Privacy notice (Pupils) – Morley Memorial.