EQUALITY INFORMATION 2019
At Morley we are aware of and try to uphold our public sector equality duties. As such we are committed to:
- Eliminating discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010;
- Advancing equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it; and
- Fostering good relations across all characteristics, and between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
We do this by:
- Having due regard when making a decision or taking an action, and assess whether it may have implications for people with particular protected characteristics; and
- Considering equality implications before and at the time that we develop policy and take decisions and they need to keep them under review on a continuing basis.
The Public Sector Equality Duty is integrated into carrying out of the school’s functions, and the analysis necessary to comply with the duty has to be carried out seriously, rigorously and with an open mind.
Equality Objectives (2017-2021):
- To continue to minimise the attainment gaps between boys and girls in mathematics throughout the school, particularly at the end of Key Stage 2.
- To improve the attainment of children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and pupils eligible for pupil premium, with a particular focus on Key Stage 1, in order to continue to narrow the gap.
- To support learners to develop pride in and awareness of their own identities e.g. family roots, culture, religious identity and other protected characteristics.