The school usually admits children to our reception classes at the beginning of the school year in which they are five. The admissions procedure is administered centrally from Shire Hall, and places are allocated according to the following criteria:
- Children in Care, also known as Looked After Children (LAC).
- Children living in the catchment area with a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living in the catchment area.
- Children living outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living outside the catchment area who have been unable to gain a place at their catchment area school because of oversubscription.
- Children living outside the catchment area but nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
In cases of equal merit, priority will go to children living nearest the school, according to the shortest straight line distance.
For reception admissions for September the local authority will accept applications from 16th November 2017 to 15th January 2018 and offers of places will be sent out in 16th April 2018. For all other year groups allocations will be made in early June.
There are usually some places available for children who live outside the catchment area, but the number varies from year to year.
Should you be unable to secure a place at the school you can appeal by contacting the Admissions Section at Shire Hall (01223 712755 or 01223 717391). E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Families moving to Cambridge on a temporary basis from outside the U.K. must also contact the Admissions Office to determine whether their children can be offered a place at Morley.
For more information on admission procedures and a streetwise index on school catchment areas please refer to Cambridgeshire County Council’s school applications webpages.
Upon accepting a place at Morley you will be invited to complete the school admission form. For details on how we process you child’s data please see our Privacy notice (Pupils) – Morley Memorial.