Upper KS2 Teacher for September 2017
(possible TLR 2a may be available for those with leadership experience and skills)
Morley Memorial Primary School is a happy, inclusive school located in the city of Cambridge. We are a successful 2-form entry school with values at the heart of what we do and a mission to make learning truly irresistible through our creative curriculum. In our last survey 97% of children said they enjoyed school and had a positive attitude to learning!
We are looking to appoint an outstanding, experienced teacher to join our great team.
We can offer:
- · A supportive team of colleagues – some with years of experience, some new to the profession.
- · Amazing children who are really keen to learn and full of ideas and enthusiasm
- · Great opportunities for career development and progression
We are looking to appoint someone who:
- · Shares our high expectations and believes in aiming high
- · Is committed to developing motivated, resilient, independent learners
- · Enjoys planning creative learning experiences
- · Wants to play a part in whole school development
- · Has great subject knowledge
We are active members of a teaching school alliance and offer excellent professional development opportunities including: support from two SLEs within the school and opportunities to share practice across a network of schools.
Our staffing structure has been designed to ensure opportunities for career progression and leadership development and we welcome applications from experienced teachers,and for those with the desire and capacity to take on additional leadership responsibilities a TLR 2a may be available. Please indicate clearly in your application if you wish to apply for additional leadership responsibilities.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Interested applicants are asked to contact Ms Hannah Cutter on email@example.com to arrange a visit from 18th April onwards.
Final date when applications will be considered: 25th April 2017
Interview: Please note interviews may take place on a rolling basis as applications are received so early submission is recommended.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS checks.
Clerk to Governors
“Are you a brilliant administrator? Do you want to get back into work after taking a career break? Do you have existing commitments but are interested in expanding your opportunities?
Morley Memorial Primary School is looking to appoint a clerk to the governing body.
- Hours: 3.5 hours a week
- Salary: £19,742pa pro rata (£10.23 per hour)
The role of the clerk to governors is to:
- provide advice to the governing body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters
- provide effective administration of governor meetings and other governance matters
- manage information for the governing body in accordance with legal requirements
The successful candidate will have excellent administrative, interpersonal and communication skills. They will need to be pro-active about taking the initiative and will need to be exceptionally well organised. They should have a flexible approach to working hours and be committed to their own professional development.
Morley Memorial Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to references and will be required to apply for a DBS check.”