Children may bring a packed lunch and drink to eat in our dining hall. We ask parents to pack this in a plastic box, clearly marked with the child’s name. As with most schools, we do have some children at Morley with nut allergies. An allergic reaction for these children can prove to be very dangerous. In support of them, therefore, we ask that packed lunches or snacks do not contain nuts or peanuts (including peanut butter).
School dinners are provided by our catering company, Pabulum. Meals are prepared and cooked on the premises and children are able to choose from a varied menu, including items for special diets such as vegetarian. We operate a three week menu system, with a different weekly menu being offered over the 3 week period. This is our current menu
How to pay
School meals must be paid for in advance on a weekly, half-termly or termly basis.
ParentPay is our preferred method of making payments to school.
Cheques should be made payable to Morley Memorial Primary School. Money should be sent to school in an envelope bearing the child’s name, the teacher’s name, the amount of money enclosed and the days your child will be staying to lunch. Envelopes should be handed in to the class teacher who will send them to the office. If you have any queries about payment for meals please see the office staff. Queries about arrangements for taking meals or about the meals themselves should be directed to the headteacher in the first instance.
The cost for a single meal is £2.45
Families in receipt of benefits may be entitled to free school meals. Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension CreditChild Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you wish to apply, or check your eligibility, you can do this online just click on the link below
If you are unable to complete the form online please speak to the school office for a paper form.
If you would like your child to have a daily drink of milk at school, please register and pay with our school milk provider, Cool Milk.