The purpose of our governing body is to “conduct the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement at the school”.
Morley’s governing body has three core strategic functions:
1. Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
2. Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and the performance management of staff
3. Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
Click here for more information on the roles and responsibilities of governors at Morley.
The structure of the Governing Body
The full governing body meets five or six times a year. In addition, sub-committees meet regularly to focus on specific issues. There are four sub-committees:
- a Resources Committee which deals with finance, premises and personnel matters
- a Learning Committee which deals with matters related to teaching, learning and behaviour
- a Performance Management Committee which monitors the appraisal of staff and undertakes the appraisal of the head-teacher.
- a Salary Review Committee that deals with issues around pay.
Please click below to view our Instrument of Government, Standing Orders and Committee Terms of Reference:
Annual Governance Statement
Click below to see our latest Annual Governance Statement, which summarises the work of the Governing Body over the 2015 – 2016 academic year.
Full Governing Body
School year 2016-17
Minutes 14th October 2014
Minutes 9 December 2014
Minutes 10 February 2015
Minutes 24 March 2015
Minutes 5 May 2015
Minutes 21 Oct 2015
Minutes 8 December 2015
Minutes 15 March 2016