The school’s website is the main way your can find out about the work of the Governing Body. You can find:
- Minutes of recent Governing Body meetings.
- Information about key decisions governors have taken e.g. the re-development work, the school’s vision and values.
- Governor blog. New blog posts are posted on the home page and are then archived under “Governor News“. The blog was introduced in Summer 2014 and the intention is to use it to provide occasional updates about the work of the governing body.
- Details of who the governors are and how the Governing Body is structured, what our role is and how to get in touch.
- Governors’ pecuniary interests register and attendance records
- The annual governance statement, which summarises the work of the Governing Body over the previous academic year.
- Feedback from the annual parental questionnaire which is organised by governors.
Governors will sometimes use the weekly newsletter to give brief governor news and to inform parents that they can find further details on the school website.
Letters and Parentmail
Where appropriate, governors will use Parentmail and letters in book-bags to keep parents informed of particularly important pieces of information.
Face to Face
Governors sometimes meet with parents face to face to discuss particular issues. For example, in 2017, governors gathered the views of about 150 parents about Morley’s school values over the course of two parents consultation evenings.
The governing body regularly evaluates our practice and actively thinks about how we can introduce improvements. If you have any suggestions or ideas about how governors could improve our communication with parents, please feel free to get in touch by emailing email@example.com